300 Entertainment is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller (commensurate to experience) to join our cross-functional operations department.
The role will report to the SVP Finance and CFO/COO, and will be supported by senior accountants and staff. The role will liaise closely with Royalties, Commercial Affairs and A&R Administration.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with official guidelines and requirements. Ensure the accuracy of the financial results communicated
- Participate in all internal and external financial reporting and analysis for the management team, department heads, board of directors, financial institutions and investors.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Help develop accounting processes, systems and controls suitable for business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Oversee period close and provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts; analyze and report cost variances
- Manage the team through annual audits in close collaboration with the company’s external CPA firm and implement audit recommendations
- Oversee and assist in the massive artist royalty accounting process, including reconciling artist statements with GL and maintaining offline artist payment schedules to support balance sheet accountability
- Work on other special projects involving systems implementation and optimization, data integrity and remediation, and process automation
- Oversee and assist with all foreign and domestic tax obligations
- BA/BS in accounting or related
- Team management experience
- Big Data and advanced Excel skills required, knowledge of databases a plus
- Music/entertainment industry/Royalty accounting or administration an asset
- Experience implementing and managing ERP and royalty systems an asset