The Accounts Manager will be responsible for day-to-day accounting at the property level. The job will include day-to-day accounting and administrative tasks for the property and any other property to facilitate accounting and administrative workflow. Human resources and administrative tasks as required and required. Travel to other required properties as needed.
1. Daily Revenue Audits – Review PMS and POS displays to ensure accuracy. Daily review and distribution of revenue report. Ensure that credit card transmissions have been cleared by front desk/night audit.
2. General Cashier – Ensure money is deposited daily or twice a week from daily deposits. Process change orders and deposits of A/R and tenant checks.
3. A/P Coding – Responsible for the flow of scanned, coded and approved invoices for the accounting software. Deployment of departmental checkbooks.
4. Month-End Close – Work directly with department heads and the hotel controller to obtain all information needed to produce preliminary financial statements by the 4th of the month. Prepare the accrued charges for the end of the month. Participate in balance sheet reconciliations and guest ledger reconciliations.
5. Accounts Receivable Billing, Payments and Collections – Work directly with department heads to ensure invoices are accurate, timely, collected within 30 days and applied appropriately.
6. Payroll and Labor Reporting – Ensure time and attendance software is up and running and staff are properly recording check-ins and check-outs. Follow up with managers if punching changes are needed and properly documented. Produce a payroll adjustment at the end of the month.
7. Daily Mail – Ensure mail is picked up by property and invoices/payments/notices are reviewed and distributed by management.
8. Tenant Payments – Make sure tenants pay their rent (and bill if applicable) on time and that checks are deposited in the bank.
9. State Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation Filings – Prepare and submit quarterly filings to the State of Wyoming.
10. Human Resources – work directly with the Hotel Executive Administrator to ensure the proper facilitation of human resources, including benefits administration, onboarding and relevant functions.
11. Other – any other duties assigned by hotel or company management.
1. Time management.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Meet deadlines.
4. Work well with peers and colleagues.
5. Understand and maintain the property’s standards, values, goals and vision.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience. Experience: One year in an accounting position or related work. Preferred previous hotel experience. Other Skills: Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word. Must be able to work well with others and be detail oriented. Continuing Education and Development: Continuation of accounting and business courses is encouraged. Willingness to pursue a solid grasp of basic accounting principles and accounting skills.
Work is normally performed in a typical indoor/office work environment. Ability to sit at a desk for long periods Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Experience-based compensation, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO program