New York, NY, United StatesSite:
Thu Dec 30 21Posted on:
Dattner Architects is an award-winning architecture firm based in New York City. We have a passion for the city and for the design of spaces with social impact. We maintain a dynamic work environment, which fosters learning and professional growth through mentoring and daily collaboration. Our firm promotes diversity, community involvement and work-life balance.
We are currently looking for an accountant to join our firm. The successful candidate will play a vital role in our growing accounting department, reporting directly to the Controller. We are looking for a thoughtful, efficient and responsive professional who can juggle competing demands simultaneously and ensure that accounting contributes to the success of the business.
- Prepare monthly invoices on assigned projects, including agency projects with complicated formats
- Assist in the management of accounts receivable by tracking receipts / overpayments / partial payments from clients on invoiced projects
- Configure invoicing conditions and budgets on assigned projects.
- Prepare cash receipts after check deposit and update cash receipts spreadsheet
- Enter consultant invoices and distribute consultant payment after validation of cash receipts
- Coordinate with PIC / PM on billing requests and consultant fee reviews
- Enter the project budget spreadsheet in Deltek and follow up with the expense update
- End of month AR report, collections and invoice projection compared to the actual invoice
- Review and answer questions on monthly project progress reports with PIC / PM in relation to assigned projects.
- Prepare all necessary Deltek reports as requested by directors and PM
- Prepare and update the projection of invoices on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Deltek system
- Second person in charge in the absence of the controller
Skills and experience required
- 10 years of applicable experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written; and ability to work effectively in person and in a remote working environment
- An ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with the MS Office suite of programs
- Preferred public notary
- Authorization to work in the United States
About Dattner Architects
The Dattner Architects Foundation is civic architecture. We have a passion for the city and for designing inspired spaces with social impact. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our firm is organized around three studios, each of which revolves around a specific typology: housing; education, culture and health; infrastructure and transport. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a dynamic work environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured by mentoring and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly organize continuing education seminars, happy hour presentations and art exhibitions for employees. Our firm promotes diversity, community involvement and work-life balance.
To apply, please upload your cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal / academic and professional work and be limited to 10MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our corporate culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner