Project Accounting Manager
MSA has practiced architecture and design since 1976. We have a long history of creating inspiring, goal-oriented spaces and experiences. We value innovation, function and great customer relationships so much that they have become our hallmark. Our services cover retail, workplace interiors and hospitality.
MSA is looking for a full time Project Accounting Manager to facilitate the accuracy and timeliness of all business project accounting and manage the accounting team. Our candidate will be a solutions-oriented professional, working with directors and project managers in a dynamic small company based in Oakland.
- Oversees the company’s project accounting function.
- Provide advice and training on proper project accounting procedures.
- Reviews and approves consultants’ invoices for payment.
- Ensure the internal audit of the accounting of fees on projects.
- Audits select projects for financial performance.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and suppliers.
- Review monthly invoices, budgets and project management reports.
- Provide accurate and timely accounting, reporting and project information for assigned projects.
- Set up and maintain projects on an internal accounting system according to the terms of the contract.
- Track and enter budget data for all projects.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, suppliers or customers and communicates financial information to project managers.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up with clients for unpaid accounts receivable.
- Manage consultant invoices communicate with consultants for their payments.
- Review project contracts and requests for additional services to understand the financial requirements for each project.
- Analyzes project cost reports and meets with project managers and directors to review project status for billing, profitability, revenue, costs and cash flow.
- Understand project income within the accounting system and work with managers on a monthly basis to analyze and record monthly project income.
- Works independently to research and resolve financial issues.
- Collaborates with directors to revise the annual business plan.
- Lead monthly project financial reviews with project managers
- Regularly reviews expense forecasts to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate the end of month income for the company with the project managers.
- Over 8 years of experience in accounting management with advanced knowledge of project accounting concepts and practices.
- Bachelor of Accounting.
- Has excellent leadership, management and supervisory skills. Motivates the team to work together.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices as well as financial analysis and reporting.
- Consistently recognize and appreciate the contributions of each team member.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Unanet / InFocus or similar project accounting software required
- Have a positive and collaborative work style.
- Accounting experience in an architectural firm and experience in project accounting is highly recommended.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …