Posted 37 minutes ago by Jill
A rewarding opportunity awaits you as the Assistant Director of Accounting at the Ministry of Government Relations – Northern Municipal Services Branch (SMN). As a member of our Finance and Accounting team, you will work with the Office of the Provincial Auditor, Office of the Provincial Comptroller and other federal and provincial government agencies to complete financial reporting and reporting requirements. audit for the Northern Municipal Trust Account (NMTA). You will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise in the development and delivery of NMTA’s quarterly and annual financial statements and any other financial reporting requirements. You will also provide strategic financial and accounting advice to NMS management with respect to the design, implementation and monitoring of accounting policies and procedures that align with applicable accounting standards and also achieve best control practices. internal.
A CPA designation is considered an asset.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in the development and/or revision of Northern Municipal Services (NMS) accounting policies and procedures
- Property Tax Verification and Validation – related deliverables and processes, including;
- Processing and issuing annual assessment notices, tax notices and tax payment reminder notices;
- Prepare annual mill rate declarations and annual tax abatement requests;
- Complete the monthly reconciliation of the municipal property tax roll;
- Complete monthly school property tax reconciliation and reporting;
- Investigate and respond to inquiries and concerns from individual taxpayers; and
- Verify and validate monthly utility and district water and sewer bills;
- Liaise with the Office of the Provincial Auditor to facilitate the annual audit of NMTA financial statements;
- Assist in monitoring the ability of northern municipalities to comply with municipal revenue sharing eligibility requirements; and
- Assist in the review and reconciliation of northern municipalities’ eligibility and approvals for funding from other northern grant programs, such as the Northern Capital Grant Program and Northern Capital Grant Programs. capacity building for northern municipalities.
Although not required, it is considered an asset to have knowledge of:
- Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), Practices and Procedures.
Number of Openings: 1
Deadline: February 25, 2022