– Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
– Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
– seniority level: Medium-senior level
– Type of employment: Full time
– Job function: Accounting/Audit and Finance
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting coupled with progressive accounting experience, and 2-4 of those years in a supervisory role? If so, we are looking for you!
We are looking to appoint an Accounting Manager for our growing organization. The Accounting Manager will currently oversee a team of up to five members to ensure that all day-to-day operations, reconciliations and team reporting requirements are complete, accurate and efficient on a timely basis.
You will oversee the semi-monthly payroll process. In addition, you will work closely with the controller to meet all month-end and quarter-end reporting requirements.
The main responsibilities of an accounting manager, but are not limited to:
- Establish and apply appropriate accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Manage daily customer transactions
- Performance of periodic financial statement reporting needs, including monthly metrics and ad-hoc reports
- Processing accounts payable/receivable and general ledger reconciliations
- Review bank account reconciliations
- Full-cycle accounting close process (monthly and quarterly)
- Manage bi-weekly and bi-monthly payroll processing
- Supervise the calculation of commissions and similar remuneration
- Assist in the coordination and completion of annual audits
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
Sound Royalties is a finance company specializing in the fast growing music finance sector. We support music creators by providing them with financial options, including so they don’t have to sell their music copyrights to get funding. We provide customers with an initial cash advance, which is reimbursed by their music royalties. They get the money they want, AND they keep the rights to their music!
You will benefit from our excellent base salary with discretionary bonus, 401k with a match, outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and our new modern office space in an environmentally friendly building.
Our employees describe our culture as a family-like environment and they love working here. We work hard, play hard and take care of each other.
The main skills and qualities of an accountant are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 2-4 years in a supervisory role
- Experience with MS Dynamics/Great Plains an asset.
- Experience with payroll processing and payroll software.
- Advanced computer experience, including Excel and Word.
- Experienced in the use of Excel tables and formulas.
- Experienced in the use of financial spreadsheet models.
- Superior interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working and presenting with senior executives
- Meticulous attention to detail, methodical analysis of complex situations and dedication to quality work product.
- Ability to lead and supervise with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic and innovative team player looking for a challenge.
If you would like to join this exciting, forward-thinking company and take the next step in your career, please click the Apply Now button to learn more.