Applications are invited from persons suitably qualified for the position of Manager – Accounting Services at the Dominica Hospitals Authority. The Manager – Accounting Services is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Authority’s finances and accounting functions and financial reporting. The manager reports to the general manager.
The incumbent must have at least a B.Sc. in accounting and at least five (5) years of experience in accounting ohr Completed Level 3 of a professional accounting program with at least six (6) years of accounting experience. Knowledge of computerized accounting software is desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software;
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements, including variance reports;
- Ability to supervise and assist in the development of the accounting team;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with senior management
- Manage the accounting information system, including year-end closing procedures
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to management and the Board of Directors
- Prepare the annual work plan and corporate budget, in collaboration with other senior managers;
- Manage cash flow, including revenue and dues collection
- Oversee staff and work processes within the accounts department
The successful candidate will be awarded a two (2) year service contract with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance. He/she will receive a global remuneration according to his/her qualifications and experience. Additional information about the duties and other requirements of this position can be obtained at the following websites: www.dominica.gov.dm/vacancies; www.oecs.org; and www.caricom.org. Any additional clarifications can be directed by email to [email protected] or by phone at 767-266-2061.
Applications should be sent under CONFIDENTIAL coverage to President, Dominica Hospitals Authority, Administration Unit, Dominica China Friendship Hospital, Goodwill, Dominica, WI Applications may also be emailed to [email protected] Proof of formal qualifications and the names and contact details of three (3) arbitrators, two (2) of whom must be professional arbitrators, must be included in the application letter.
The deadline for receipt of applications is September 27e 2021.